Join our SWARCO McCain Team as
Field Technician (m/f/d)
Location: Vista / California / United States | Full-time
As part of the SWARCO group, McCain is always looking to strengthen its organization by adding the best available talent. We’re seeking Field Technicians to provide technical support at new and existing traffic signal installations and perform modifications to existing traffic signals in all counties up to central California.
- Perform fieldwork with use of independent judgment. Typical field work consists of but not limited to:
- Programming and configuring equipment at a new installation to operate as designed on the signal plans
- Modifying existing traffic signal cabinets to operate as designed on the signal plans
- Repairing or replacing malfunctioning equipment both new and used
- Operate aerial equipment
- Interact with internal and external customers and all levels of personnel
- Provide one-on-one and group technical training
- After hours, and/or weekend work are required
- Migration support for software and hardware
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Some college or recognized trade school in electrical field (desired, not required)
- Minimum of 2 years of field experience in related industry
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism while under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be computer literate and have working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Must be mechanically inclined
- IMSA Level 2 or higher with some electronic/electrical working knowledge is strongly preferred
- Ability to use hand tools including meters and specialty tools
- Traffic signal product knowledge a plus
- Traffic maintenance experience a plus
- Must have clean driving record and provide current DMV driving record
- Willingness to travel. 80% driving to various job sites
- Must be available for an on-call basis for company/customer needs
- A GREAT work environment with fun, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful team members.
- Benefit package to support you and your family’s health. From medical, dental, and vision, to flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care.
- Educational reimbursement to help keep your career updated.
- Save money on tickets to the San Diego Zoo, other amusement parks, movie theaters, indoor skydiving, and so much more with our employer discount program.
- Paid time off, holidays, company-match 401(k) plan and more!
Start your journey with us and submit your resume/CV. McCain is an equal opportunity employer. This employer participates in E-Verify.
The future begins today. Yours too?
Join SWARCO McCain. We look forward to receiving your detailed application via online form: