CAD Design Engineer (m/f/d)
Location: Melsonby/United Kingdom |
- Creation of Detailed 3D CAD Engineering Designs using Autodesk Inventor 2022 and associated Product Design Suite
- Producing and Checking Precision Manufacturing Drawings for production by external suppliers.
- Producing and checking assembly drawings for Internal use.
- Production of drawings sets for product approvals.
- Produce Bills of Material in conjunction with the fabrication and assembly drawings
- Carry out structural analysis using FEA simulations
- Provide BIM models and information packs for individual projects
- Oversee Product Life Cycle Management process in Vault
- Work with Electrical Design Engineers to produce complete design package.
- Support the development and documentation of the drawing system
Interviews: Applicants coming for an interview will be asked a series of questions, along with the opportunity to ask their own questions. They will also be expected to do a 30 minute test using Autodesk Inventor 2022 and Vault Pro, an information pack will be sent out to applicants prior to attending the interview. The applicant will need to do some prep work before they come to the interview.
- 3D Autodesk Inventor trained
- Minimum HNC in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or similar preferred
- Comprehensive working knowledge of recent versions of Autodesk InventorVault Pro and associated Product Design Suite
- Minimum 5 years working experience with Autodesk Inventor & Vault
- Comprehensive working knowledge in the use and creation of Content Centre Libraries, iAssemblies and iParts
- Creation and Use of iLogic functions
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Autodesk Vault Pro including Product Life Cycle, ECR Process
- Working knowledge of BS 8888:2017 and current BIM standards.
- Knowledge of Sheet Metal Design
- Operation of Windows Server for the Vault system.
- Knowledge of Inventor Design Accelorator
This position is ideally suited to an enthusiastic, self motivated individual who can work on their own or in a team. The position will require the candidate to work closely with other departments in the company eg. Sales, Production, Project Managers. The ideal applicant will be creative, will need to be able to think outside of the box, will be able to develope existing portfolio of designs and research or work with suppliers when it comes to creating new designs or updating existing designs. Candidates will require the following skills:
- Good clear communication skills both written and verbal
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good numerical ability and problem solving skills
- All round computer literacy with a range of software applications
- Have a ‘can-do’ attitude, flexible approach and positive attitude.
Your BenefitOther benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Medicash health care scheme
- Death in service scheme